Thinking of hosting?
Welcoming someone into your home is nerve-racking, that's completely normal. ShareDydd and Refugees at Home work really hard to make suitable matches and support both parties throughout the hosting journey. You and your guest are not obligated to continue the placement if one of you is not comfortable. Hosting should be rewarding and easy. Hosting someone for 3 months can have such a positive impact on their lives. When people experience destitution for long periods, a place of respite is enriching and provides people an opportunity to focus on establishing pathways into a brighter future.
THE HOSTING PROCESS
1. Apply to become a host with Refugees at Home by clicking the button above.
2. A home visitor will come to your home to discuss the nature of hosting with you and everyone living at the address. They will you ask questions and give you an opportunity to ask questions. This will help Refugees at Home make a suitable match.
3. When a person is referred and they are suitable to be hosted by you, Refugees at Home will contact you and ask if you'd like to host. You can determine how long you can host for. 3 months is an ideal period, but we understand if you need to adjust this.
4. ShareDydd will introduce you to the referred guest in a neutral setting. This gives both you and the guest an opportunity to get to know each other.
5. ShareDydd will be present when your guest moves in. We will help you both get set up and settled in!
6. Hosting begins. Refugees at Home will support you and answer any of your questions. They will be able to support you financially too.
7. ShareDydd will work closely with your guest to help them progress their asylum claim and get involved with activities.
8. Ideally, after a few months, your guest will submit a fresh claim for asylum and will be able to move into Government accommodation.